Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Countdown to the Sun Run


Four days to go and I'm starting to get a little nervous, this is only my second running race ever. The first being the Bazan Bay 5km early in the year. The Bazan Bay went really well, thanks to my 5km Running Room Clinic and my fancy toy... the iPod nano and the nike+ running chip.

With my iPod I can track how far and how fast I am running. The best gimic being that when I do a personal best, Lance Armstrong comes on and congratulates me. I've challenged my brother to see who can get to 100km's first using the nike website. Sibling rivalry is pretty strong between us, I'm currently in the lead at 64kms :)

With all this motivation to run, I still have yet to do more than 6 or 7 kms at a time. Hopefully it has been enough, and as my dad told me the Sun Run is more of a 5km warm up with a 5km race at the end. I think I can do that!

2 comments:

Unknown April 12, 2007 at 2:19 PM  

Don't start talking yet, it's a race to 100km

Vanessa April 12, 2007 at 2:22 PM  

Good luck!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP